The 2006 ITSA Championship Awards Banquet was held at The Lunch Box in Dickson, TN Dec 2, 2006.
We had close to 40 attendees, both members and non-members, as well as a few spouses/significant
others. We want to thank Pat and Heidi of The Lunch Box for being so gracious and understanding and
allowing us to party at their place!
The social outing was a huge success, especially when the Honored Recipient of the 2nd Annual Nubbie
Award was announced. In true championship style, Scott "Nubbie" Hale for whom the award is named,
presented the much-sought-after trophy to Mike Radford for his outstanding crash at the Bartons Creek
Trials in October 2006 at the Scottish Hole Section...further proof Mike is riding the right line... Unfortunately, he tried the Cheater Line, which looked easier but wasn't, through the section and had a spectacularly scary crash (i.e., downhill over log or safe camber traverse; downhill over log not a good choice, except for B&J who sold him a new fender) . Good thing he buckled his helmet up prior to riding the section!
Lots of fun was had at the expense of all those attending the banquet. Plus, the game of hide-n-seek with
the IRC tire was truly thrilling; Jessie Wallace was quite pleased when he located the tire, since he won it
in the door prize drawing. Thanks to Menonite Mike for the gamesmanship!
We want to thank Dick Walker of WES Exhausts, Robin Packham of Falcon Shocks, Ron Commo of
Beta USA, Mike Radford of Rock Hard Productions, and of course Bob Ginder of B&J Racing Products
for the donations of product for our door prize drawing. The lucky winners were:
- Jessie (Pap) Wallace and the afore-mentioned rear IRC tire (courtesy B&J)
- Charlie Nash, pair of Falcon trials shocks (courtesy Falcon Shocks)
- Bruce Carman (Trialsrooster), WES silencer (courtesy WES Exhausts)
- Scott (The Nubster) Hale, WES silencer (courtesy WES Exhausts)
- Dick (The Capt) Septer, Beta USA gift certificate (courtesy Beta USA)
- Murray (Murrayman) Gray, Nubbie-Replica Lee grips (courtesy B&J Racing)
- Joe Wallace, Trials DVD (courtesy Rock Hard Productions)
- Mike Hyslop, Yamaha Vintage-Style shirt (courtesy Rock Hard Productions)
We already have four candidates for the 3rd Annual Nubbie going into the 2007 Champ Series -- and it's
only January!!!! Remember, ANY member in ANY part of the country, for ANY good reason is eligible
(photos and videos are requested, doctors' bills and/or notes are not required). So far, the nominees
- Pee Wee and the Infamous Scottish Ditch Face-plant (12/03/06)
- Chip Hart and his Section 13 "B" line Log Launch (12/03/06)
- Mike Hyslop and his Section 13 "B" line Log Launch (12/03/06)
- Scott Hale (repeat offender) and his version of Extreme Sapplin Rasslin while practicing a harder line to
get better. Really fun to watch!
2007 is shaping up to be an entertaining year! Come join us for the rides of your life!! In the meantime,
we have some good shots for the year-end review; take a peek!